The purpose of writing this post “How to run AVR Studio 4 in Windows 8.1 or higher operating system?“, is because our students were always facing this problem of running AVR Studio 4 in Windows 8.1 or higher versions of Windows. Now the problem is solved. Follow the procedure as given below:
Download .dll file first! Ah. Its .dll!
First download a particular modified dynamic link library file, msys-1.0.dll by clicking the following download button.
Copy-paste this file!
- After downloading, copy this DLL file i.e. msys-1.0.dll into to the WinAvr\utils\bin folder in your PC, where you have already installed AVR Studio 4.
- If you do not find this location, then click C: drive in your PC. You will see one folder in the root named as WinAVR-2008xxx or something like this.
- Open this folder and you will see one folder named as “util”. Open this folder also.
- Now within this folder there is one more folder named as “bin”.
- Open this folder lastly and paste our msys-1.0.dll file into this folder.
- Windows will prompt you with an alert, where to replace the existing file. Click Yes.
- That’s it! Your problem is solved.
- Now, open your AVR Studio 4, create the project as usual in it and press F7 to build your source code. Everything will be ok, with no errors at all.
Write Google Review